Pasta with Smoked Oysters and Tomato
A quick and easy pasta dish made with smoked oysters, tomato and basil that takes only about 20 minutes to make. These smoked oysters from Ekone Oyster Co are firm and flavourful and work really well in this dish. We've used fresh cherry tomatoes here, but you could also used canned plum tomates and hold back the juice.
1 package of spaghetti or linguine (about 400g)
2 cups of cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup of white wine
2 cloves of garlic, grated
1 tbsp of olive oil
2 tins of Ekone Oyster Co. Smoked Oysters
Salt and pepper
1. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to package directions.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan on medium-high. Add grated garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the white wine and reduce for 2 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, squishing them with the back of a spoon when they soften and continue to cook for 10 to 12 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
5. In the last few minutes of cooking stir through the smoked oysters
6. Strain the pasta and transfer into the sauce
7. Garnish with fresh basil and season further to taste before serving.