Sautéed Tinned Razor Clams with Garlic
Plump and meaty, razor clams are rich in flavour and have a firm bite. Cooked in butter, garlic and white wine, this is a great dish that's quick to prepare and big on taste.
Any tin of razor clams will do but for this version we've used Jose Gourmet Razor Shells in Brine.
Tin of razor clams (about 8-10), drained
1 clove of garlic, very finely chopped
2 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of parsley, chopped finely
1/4 cup of white wine
1/2 tsp spanish paprika
sea salt to taste
1. Heat butter over medium heat in a wide frying pan
2. Add the garlic and half the parsley and cook for a couple of minutes
3. Add the white white and bring to a simmer for a couple of minutes
4. Add the razor clams and cook briefly just to warm through
5. Remove from the heat, and sprinkle with the remaining chopped parsley, paprika and sea salt.
6. Serve with bread to mop up the garlicky juices.